Tan Sri Sheikh Ghazali Abdul Rahman
Tan Sri Sheikh Ghazali Abdul Rahman is currently the Shariah Advisor to the Attorney General’s Chamber (AGC).
Tan Sri Sheikh Ghazali Abdul Rahman is currently a member of:
- Shariah Advisory Council of Bank Negara Malaysia
- Shariah Advisory Council of the Securities Commission of Malaysia
- Muzakarah Jawatankuasa Fatwa, Majlis Kebangsaan Bagi Hal Ehwal Ugama Islam Malaysia
- Panel of the Syariah Appeal Court in various states in Malaysia
He was also a member of the Shariah Council for the Accounting and Auditing Organization Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI) in Bahrain.
Tan Sri Sheikh Ghazali previously held the following positions:
- Chairman of the Technical Committee for Islamic and Civil Law, Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM)
- Board member of Amanah Yayasan Pembangunan Ekonomi Islam Malaysia (YaPEIM)
- Member of the Islamic Consultative Council at the Prime Minister’s Office
- Islamic Law Consultative Committee at the Federal Territory Mufti Department
- Board member of Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia (IKIM)
- Chairman of the Working Committee for Yayasan Waqaf Malaysia
In recognition of his vast contribution to the development of Islam in Malaysia, Tan Sri Sheikh Ghazali was awarded “Tokoh Maal Hijrah” by the Prime Minister in 2014.
- 1987 Diploma in Law and Judiciary International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- 1968 Diploma in Education Ain Shams University, Egypt 1967 Bachelor in Islamic Law University of Al-Azhar, Egypt