The SAC Secretariat which is established under Section 54 of the Central Bank of Malaysia Act is responsible to assist the SAC in carrying out its functions.
- Assist the SAC in managing its meetings, including the meeting coordination and administration
- Provide Shariah inputs and views, as well as conduct research on Shariah issues referred to the SAC by certain parties for discussion in SAC meetings
- Prepare minutes of the SAC meetings
- Identify and define Shariah issues to be discussed
- Conduct Shariah research and prepare Shariah papers for discussion at SAC meetings
- Coordinate and issue meeting notices to the SAC members within an appropriate timeframe
- Perform administrative tasks related to SAC meetings including logistics, presentation papers, preparation of minutes or any other functions to support efficient management of SAC meetings